As I explained earlier, I made a slide show to illustrate the Easter story, line by line. I used the day's lectionary reading, Luke 24:1-12, but also included some background from the previous chapter to set the scene. The pictures below illustrate these lines:
- Darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.
- Then Jesus cried out in a loud voice, saying, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.”
- With these words, he breathed his last.
- All his friends stood at a distance; so also did the women who had accompanied him from Galilee and saw all this happen.
- The women took note of the tomb and how his body had been laid.
- Then they returned, and prepared spices and ointments.
- On the Sabbath day they rested, as the Law required.